Bulgaria’s Business Climate Improves Slightly in January
Bulgaria’s business climate indicator has increased in January by 0.6 percentage points compared to the previous month due to more optimistic expectations among entrepreneurs in construction and services.
The sub-index measuring the business climate in industry remained approximately at its December 2015 level, the National Statistical Institute (NSI) said in a monthly survey of business confidence on Thursday.
Entrepreneurs in industry estimate their present production activity as slightly decreased; their expectations about the activity over the next three months are also more moderate compared with December.
In January, the average capacity utilization has increased by 2.7 percentage points in comparison with October 2015, reaching 75.2%.
Managers in industry expect the selling prices in the sector to remain unchanged over the next three months.
In January, the business climate sub-index in the construction construction increased by 3.0 percentage points due to improved construction entrepreneurs’ expectations about the business situation of the enterprises over the next six months. Their forecasts of the activity in the sector over the next three months are also more optimistic.
The sub-index of the business climate in the services sector has increased by 3.9 percentage points compared with last month due to the improved managers’ assessments of the present state of their business and more optimistic expectations about demand for services over the next three months.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Inflation in Turkey Rises to 23-year High of nearly 79% in June
- » Bulgaria: One of our Reactors is expected to use a different Nuclear Fuel than the Russian one
- » Bulgaria: Petrol and Diesel Prices are still Rising
- » Minister of Economy and Industry: As of Today, Bread is 20% Cheaper in Retail Chains
- » 3.8 million Bulgarians are expected to Travel Abroad in the Period May-September
- » Bulgaria: Higher Electricity Prices from Today