Bulgaria Indicts Two for 2012 Sarafovo Airport Bomb Attack
The Bulgarian prosecuting authorities have indicted Canadian citizen Hassan el Hajj Hassan and Australian national Meliad Farah on terrorism charges in connection with the the deadly bombing at Burgas Sarafovo Airport in 2012, 24 Chasa daily reported on Friday.
The criminal investigation against Lebanese-born Hassan el Hajj Hassan, 27, and Australian-born Meliad Farah, 35 is expected to be completed at the beginning of next month, the Sofia-based newspaper said.
Bulgaria has placed a request for the search of the two suspects through Interpol information system. The Canadian and Australian authorities had not found them, 24 Chasa said.
A powerful bomb carried by a suicide bomber ripped through a bus at the arrivals terminal of Burgas Sarafovo Airport, on the Black Sea coast, on 18 July 2012, killing the Bulgarian driver and six Israeli tourists.
Two years later the Bulgarian prosecuting authorities and the State Agency for National Security (DANS) disclosed the name of the suicide bomber as Mohamad Hassan El-Husseini (alternatively, Mohamed Hassan El Husseim). He was born in Lebanon in 1989 and held a dual French-Lebanese citizenship. He had been staying in Bulgaria under the false identity of Jacque Felipe Martin.
Meliad Farah also used a fake identity, entering Bulgaria under the name of Brian Jeremiah Jameson, while Hassan El-Hajj Hassan travelled under the name of Ralph William Rico, the Bulgarian Ministry of the Interior said in July 2013.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Moldovans detained for Stealing nearly BGN 200,000 from Ukrainian Refugees in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Large-scale Police Operation in Karnobat
- » Bulgaria: Scheme for Issuing Fake Green Certificates was Discovered in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office Launches Investigation for the so-called “Golden Passports”
- » Bulgaria: Man was Detained for Issuing Fake Certificates in Bansko
- » Bulgaria: British Man Attacked and Kicked a Nurse at the Hospital in Veliko Tarnovo