Suicide Bomber Kills at least Seven People Close to Russian Embassy in Kabul
At least seven people have been killed and 25 were injured in a suicide bombing of a bus in front of the Russian Embassy building in Afghanistan’s capital Kabul on Wednesday, TASS reported citing the chief of city police Abdul Rahman Rahimi.
The police officer didn’t disclose the nationality of the victims but according to a “diplomatic source” no Russian embassy officials have been injured in the explosion, TASS added.
A bus carrying employees of local TV channel Tolo was the target of the sucide bomber, a source at Tolo told AFP.
The explosion has set ablaze a building standing opposite the Russian embassy building and firefighters were battling the flames.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack by Wednesday evening local time.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Transgender and Tribal Women among the Recipients of India’s Top Civilian Awards
- » EU May Impose New Sanctions on Belarus as early as Monday
- » Poland Increases Security on Border with Belarus after Threat of Migrants Increases
- » Russia: For Third Day in a Row, More than 40,000 New Infections with COVID-19
- » Up to Three Years in Prison for a Fake COVID Certificate in Ukraine
- » A Record 1,178 Died of COVID-19 in Russia in the last 24 hours