Bulgaria's Dimitrov Withdraws from Doubles Semifinals in Brisbane
Sports | January 9, 2016, Saturday // 10:43
Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria returns the ball to Roger Federer of Switzerland during their quarter final match of the Brisbane International Tennis Tournament in Brisbane, Australia, January 08, 2016. EPA/BGNES
Bulgaria's top male tennis player Grigor Dimitrov and Kei Nishikori (Japan) will not take part in the the doubles semifinals of Brisbane International, the organizers have said, citing pain in Dimitrov's shoulder.
The two were to face James Duckworth and Chris Guccione (both playing for Australia).
After a more promising start of 2016 with several gains in Brisbane, Dimitrov on Friday lost to Roger Federer 4:6, 7:6, 4:6.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Who Are Bulgaria’s Opponents in Their Euro 2024 Qualifying Campaign?
- » Russia received an Invitation to Play in the Central Asian Football Association
- » Djokovic was not Allowed into the US without a COVID-19 Vaccine
- » Bulgarian Albert Popov Recorded a Historic Ranking with his First Podium in the Skiing World Cup
- » English Greyhound Derby 2023: Who Will Claim the Crown?
- » Who Are the Favorites for the 2023 Cheltenham Festival Championship Races?