Bulgaria Loses Vital 2016 Olympics Volleyball Qualifier
The Bulgarian men's national volleyball team lost on Thursday its second match from the European 2016 Olympic qualification tournament which is taking place in Berlin.
Bulgaria was defeated by Russia with 0:3 (20:25, 22:25, 17:25) in a match which lasted 78 minutes.
Thus Bulgarian chances of qualifying for the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro considerably diminished.
At present, Bulgaria is occupying third place in Pool B with three points behind the teams of France and Russia with six points each.
In the other match from Pool B played on Thursday, France defeated Finland with 3:0.
In the last match from Pool B on Friday, Bulgaria will face the reigning world champion and winner of the latest edition of the World League France.
In order to qualify for the semifinals of the tournament, Bulgaria has to defeat France with 3:0 and a big point difference.
This will be a challenging task given the fact that France has only one defeat in its last 26 matches.
In 2015, the two teams met twice – at the final of Group 2 of the World League and the semifinals of the European Championship, with France winning on both occasions.
The top two teams from each pool will proceed to the semifinals, with the winner of the tournament qualifying for the Olympics.
The runner-up and the third-placed team will qualify for the world qualification tournament, which will be held in Tokyo between May 14 and June 5 June.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Former Football Star Berbatov Official Candidate for President of Bulgarian Football Union
- » Special Bets from Palms Bet - How to Bet on Duels and Specials?
- » Football: First Victory for Bulgaria in 2022 World Cup Qualifications
- » Sofia to become "World Capital of Sport" for 2024
- » Russia May apply for Hosting Olympic Games in 2036
- » Bulgaria’s National Football Team took a Point against the European Champion