MEP: Successful Guarding of Borders to Accelerate Bulgaria's Schengen Accession
The accession of Bulgaria to the Schengen Area will be accelerated if the country continues to fulfill successfully its obligations of guarding its borders.
This opinion was expressed by Bulgarian MEP Mariya Gabriel (EPP, GERB) in an interview for Focus radio on Thursday.
According to her, the good practices established by Bulgaria in guarding its borders could serve as an example for other European countries.
In her words, the border security provided by Bulgaria contributes to the common European security.
The fingerprints, the tackling of secondary migratory flows are examples of good practices, which should be applied by the other EU member states situated at the forefront of the migrant influx.
Gabriel added that Bulgaria behaves with reason and dignity and the country is not using the difficult situation in Europe as an argument for its accelerated accession to Schengen.
Moreover, the EU has confidence in Bulgaria and this is demonstrated by the good cooperation established between them.
According to her, by maintaining good relations with the EU institutions, the acceleration of Schengen accession looked like a logical development.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria