Kuwait Recalls Ambassador to Iran amid Row with Saudi Arabia
Kuwait has recalled its ambassador to Tehran amidst a deepening diplomatic row between Iran and Saudi Arabia, the country's official Kuwait News Agency has said.
It has also summoned Iran's Ambassador in protest over the attacks on Riyadh's diplomatic mission in Tehran that took place over the weekend.
Kuwait is the latest country to join the Gulf states taking diplomatic action against Iran, with Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates (but also Sudan) doing so on Monday.
Saudi Arabia suspended ties with Iran a day earlier, arguing the Islamic Republic had not acted to prevent an attack on the Saudi Embassy in Tehran.
The diplomatic row Tehran and Riyadh have reached a decades low level over the last few days after Saudi authorities executed Nimr al-Nimr, a prominent Shia cleric, after convicting him over his involvement in the anti-government protests in the country's Eastern Province in 2012.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Indian Parliament passes landmark Women’s reservation Bill
- » Bulgaria and Romania expect to be in Schengen by the end of the year
- » Day 577 of the Invasion of Ukraine: New Attack on Sevastopol
- » Day 576 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv hit the HQ of Russia's Black Sea Fleet in Crimea
- » Day 575 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Deputy Commander of the Russian Northern Fleet Killed in Nagorno-Karabakh
- » Bashar Assad and his Wife arrived in China