Champion of UAE Signs Colombian Star of Bulgaria's Litex
The reigning football champion of the United Arab Emirates, Al-Ain, signed a contract with Colombian winger Danilo Asprilla who used to be one of the leading players of Bulgaria's Litex.
Asprilla moved to the Bulgarian club in 2014, making 78 appearances, scoring 26 goals and recording nearly 20 assists for the team from Lovech.
The Colombian player was the leading top scorer in the first half of the current season of the Bulgarian A Group, having scored ten goals and recorded three assists in 19 matches.
Asprilla was officially presented on Monday after having passed the medical examinations and signed his contract.
The transfer fee paid by Al-Ain was not disclosed, but according to reports Litex had requested EUR 3 M for him.
The transfer of Asprilla is not surprising considering the uncertainty surrounding the fate of Litex.
The team from Lovech is facing relegation from the top football division after its players abandoned a game against Levski Sofia in December last year.
Litex was leading 1-0 when the team abandoned the match shortly before the end of the first half after a second player of the club had been sent off and a penalty kick awarded to Levski.
The disciplinary committee of the Bulgarian Football Union (BFS) already announced the relegation of the team in December.
However BFS convened a special ad-hoc committee to review the case, with the final decision of BFS expected to be announced on January 13.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Beloslava Krasteva came close to the World Title in Chess
- » Bulgaria’s Beloslava Krasteva is Close to the World Chess Title
- » Bulgaria’s Beloslava Krasteva is Second in the Current Ranking of the World Chess Championship
- » Mobile Betting Apps: Sports News and Tips
- » Four Bronze Medals for Bulgarian students from the Informatics Olympiad
- » Nurgyul Salimova with a Record Rating in the FIDE Rankings