Bulgaria Publishes Information on Former State Security Agents in Open Data
The Bulgarian government published on Monday information on former agents of the country's Communist-era secret service – State Security (DS).
The information is published in open data and is accessible at opendata.government.bg, the press service of the government informs.
The initiative for the publication of the data is of Deputy Prime Minister and Interior Minister Rumyana Bachvarova.
The data set contains 134 003 recordings on persons examined by the Committee for disclosing the documents and announcing the affiliation of Bulgarian citizens to the State Security and intelligence services of the Bulgarian National Army.
For the first time the information is published as a summary featuring all affiliated persons and in a format allowing computer processing.
This will considerably ease the processing of data and the conducting of references and analyses.
Researchers, journalists, representatives of the civil society and all interested parties will have at their disposal an instrument allowing for conducting prompt and exact analyses.
The initiative is a further step in the efforts of the Bulgarian government to achieve open and transparent management through the publication of public information in open data.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend