Gazprom Scraps Key Tender for Pipeline to China
Gazprom has announced it will scrap a major tender for the construction of the Power of Siberia pipeline, which is to supply China with 38 bcm of gas over a period of thirty years.
The USD 2.1 B tender was a historic high for the Russian energy giant.
This has been the third tender cancelled by Gazprom since mid-December, amid a scandal that culminated last week after reports emerged a company owned by Arkady Rotenberg, a businessman who many accuse of ties to Russia's political leadership, had won part of the public procurement on Power of Siberia without a formal tender procedure.
Last year China and Russia signed the USD 400 B deal, giving the 4000 km pipeline a new lease of life after the project to supply the far east with gas had been stalled for more than a decade.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Referendum In Russia: Putin is Allowed To Remain President Until 2036
- » 50,000 New Cases of COVID-19 in US, Trump: I Fully Support the Masks. I Think They Work
- » New Zealand's Health Minister Resignes After Breaches of Lockdown Rules
- » UK Restarts Tourism on July 4
- » Covid-19: Infection in USA is Getting Worse
- » Another Black Man Killed by the Police in America Sparks New Wave of Protests