Nearly 19 000 People Sought Asylum in Bulgaria Between January-November
From the beginning of the year until the end of November, nearly 19 000 people sought asylum in Bulgaria.
This becomes evident from the latest statistics of the State Agency for Refugees (DAB), daily Dnevnik informs.
For comparison, the total number of asylum-seekers in 2014 was 11 000.
In November, Bulgaria granted refugee status to more than 200 people, while the applications of twenty people from eleven different countries were turned down.
Since the beginning of the year, more than 4000 people have been granted refugee status, while the corresponding number in 2014 was nearly 5000. The refusals last year amounted to 500.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov: We Will Seek a Fair Update of Pensions, Third Month in a Row All 2.1 Million Pensioners Will Receive a Supplement
- » Bulgaria: MRF Will Not Support GERB for New Constitution and Grand National Assembly
- » Bulgaria: Chairman of Information Services - 4 Months is the Delivery of Voting Machines
- » Upholding the independence of the Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office: National Meeting on Monday
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended until August 31
- » Bulgaria: The Government Will Announce New Social Measures