Bulgaria’s DPS to Meet to Decide on Mestan's Fate as Party Leader - bTV
The Movement for Rights and Feedoms (DPS) is expected to decide on Thursday whether Lyutvi Mestan will remain leader of the second-largest opposition party in Bulgaria’s current parliament, bTV has reported.
The meeting comes in the wake of criticism of Mestan's political reaction to the downing of a Russian warplane by Turkey from Ahmed Dogan, founder and honorary chairman of the predominantly ethnic Turk party.
In a New Year speech before DPS leadership, Dogan has criticised Mestan for a declaration of support for Turkey in the country’s row with Moscow over the downing of a Russian bomber by Turkish Air Force jets in November.
At Thursday's meeting, Mestan could resign, or he could be suspended as chairman until the regular party congress in March of April next year and an interim leader take over, according to bTV.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend