Immigration, Terrorism Top List of Most Important Issues Facing EU - Survey
Immigration has consolidated its place as the most important issue facing the EU currently, rising 20 percentage points in the last six months, a new survey requested and coordinated by the European Commission has shown.
The report presenting the first results of Autumn 2015 Standard Eurobarometer published on Wednesday reveals that immigration is the most important issue for citizens in every Member State with the exception of Portugal.
At the same time, public support for free movement of people within the EU remains strong thus showing that public opinion recognises the difference between migration and free movement of persons, the EU Commission said. The survey of public opinion across the EU also shows that terrorism has become a source of growing concern in the wake of the attacks in Paris.
After a 13-point increase since spring 2015, immigration is now seen as the main concern at national level (36%), in equal first place with unemployment (36%, -6 percentage points). It is the first time that an item not directly related to the economy has headed the list, according to the report.
Mentioned by a quarter of Europeans, terrorism is now seen as the second main issue facing the EU.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » European Commission: 70% of EU Citizens Vaccinated
- » France Introduces New Measures: Covid Passport to enter Cinemas, Museums, Matches
- » EC Annual Report on Bulgaria: Unlimited Powers of Prosecutor General Is still Issue
- » Europe Remains Suspicious about Electronic Cigarettes
- » EU Reveales Target for Green Deal by 2030
- » Thousands of Anti-Vaccine Demonstrators Protested in Greece