Sofia City Court Acquits Former Labour Minister of Embezzlement Charges
Sofia City Court (SGS) acquitted on Tuesday former Labour and Social Policy Minister Emilia Maslarova of malfeasance in office and embezzlement charges.
Maslarova served as labour minister in the so-called triple coalition government, which was in power between 2005 and 2009.
The former minister was accused of having embezzled nearly BGN 19 M during the renovation of a social care home in the city of Stara Zagora which had been carried out between November 2007 until May 2009.
The other five defendants were also acquitted, daily Dnevnik informs.
The prosecution was not satisfied with the judgement and will protest the ruling before the Appellate Court.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 12 Migrants crammed into a Car were Detained in the Harmanlii village of Bulgarin
- » Bulgaria: A Man Killed his Wife and Daughter, then took His Own Life
- » Action in Bulgaria: Police Chase and Shooting near a Business Building in Sofia - A Boy was Killed
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: There is Still No Suspect for the Murder of Alexei Petrov
- » Bulgaria: A Man Beat a Woman he lives with in Svishtov and Cut her Hair
- » Bulgarian Police caught a Large Group of Migrants near Kazichene