COP 21: Climate Deal Reached to Keep Warming Below 2C
International delegates are close to agreeing on a deal that would put constraint on global warming.
The text discussed at the summit, which is now running into its third week (after being scheduled to last a fortnight) will be legally binding if approved.
French President Francois Hollande has begged delegates to ratify the final draft of the deal among 196 countries which would see global effort to put a cap of 2 grades Celsius to warming and which would enter into force in 2020.
"This is a day that potentially could become a historic day, but also a great day for humanity... A message of life," French President Francois Hollande said.
Delegates are to take a final decision later on Saturday, after negotiations on the document were carried out for three nights in a row.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Indonesia is Moving its Capital
- » Ukrainian MP at the EP: Any Arms Embargo against Ukraine must Fall
- » A winter storm has left thousands without electricity in the United States
- » Serbia votes in favor of EU-backed judicial reform, Vucic himself announces result
- » China has called for no imports because of Omicron
- » The deadline for a scheduled vaccination of Greeks over 60 has expired, 90% have been vaccinated