Regional Policy Commissioner Praises Bulgaria's Management of EU Funds
European Commissioner for Regional Policy Corina Cretu, who is on a one-day visit to Bulgaria on Friday, congratulated the efforts of the government in the management of EU funds.
On her visit the commissioner met with Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, Deputy Prime Minister Tomislav Donchev, Regional Minister Lilyana Pavlova and attended the official opening ceremony of Sofia Tech Park.
Cretu pointed to the presence of visible results in Bulgaria and noted that the European Commission is proud with the progress of the cabinet's efforts in this field.
In her words, this reflected the improved cooperation between Bulgarian authorities and the European Commission.
Cretu added that regional funds have already invested EUR 3.9 B in areas such as competitiveness, transport, environment and regional development.
She reminded that Bulgaria could be allocated EUR 5.8 B from the regional fund and another EUR 3 B from the social fund and the fisheries fund during the ongoing 2014-2020 programme period.
Borisov also highlighted the efforts of the government, noting that the effect of improved absorption of EU funds has been felt in all spheres of the economy.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » European Court of Justice: Bulgaria Breaches Air Pollution Limits
- » Council of Europe: Harassment, Violence, Acute Staff Shortage Plague Bulgarian Psychiatric Wards and Care Homes
- » EC Disburses €14 Billion to Nine Member States, Greece Receives 2.7 Billion, Bulgaria Not on the List
- » Sofia Summit: European Perspective on the Western Balkans Means Stability, Peace and Prosperity
- » EC Sent Letter to Bulgaria About the Citizenship by Investment Scheme
- » MEPs Adopted a Critical Resolution on Bulgaria's Rule-of-Law