Tourism Minister Expects 1.2 Million Tourists to Visit Bulgaria This Winter
According to Tourism Minister Nikolina Angelkova, there was high likelihood that 1.2 million tourists could visit Bulgaria during the forthcoming winter season.
Angelkova said this in an interview for private NOVA TV on Friday, a day before the opening of the winter season.
Data from early bookings and airports suggested that an increase of 5-7 % in the number of tourists could be expected during the winter season.
In particular, the minister noted that an increase is expected in the number of Bulgarian and Russian tourists.
There were expectations for a 2-3 % growth in the number of Bulgarian tourists as more of them were choosing to spend the holidays in local resorts.
She reminded that last winter there had also been increase in the number of Bulgarian tourists, with the largest growth registered in the resort of Pamporovo, while Borovets recorded the largest increase in the number of foreigners.
As regards, the Russian visitors, there was 8 % increase in the number of flights from Russia, which indicated that Russian tourists were returning to the Bulgarian market.
Angelkova reiterated that favourable conditions were being prepared for Russian tourists such as special tourist packages and facilitation of the visa procedures, including the possibility of opening new visa centres.
The minister also noted that the number of seasonal flights operated at Sofia airport have increased from 80 in 2014 to 178 this year.
There was also increase in the number of winter-operated flights at the airports in Varna and Burgas.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Air with Additional Flights to Amsterdam and Madrid
- » 73% of Europeans Plan to Travel in the next 6 months
- » Bulgarians are Shortening their Holidays at the Seaside because of Expensive Fuels
- » Until next summer, Terminal 1 Flights will be Closed at Sofia Airport
- » British Tourists have Returned to Sunny Beach, the South Seaside will Rely on Bulgarians
- » What are the Expectations for the Season on Bulgaria’s Northern Black Sea Coast?