EU Regional Policy Commissioner Arrives on One-Day Visit to Bulgaria
The European Commissioner for Regional Policy Corina Cretu is on a one-day visit to Bulgaria on Friday.
During her visit, Cretu is to meet with Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, Deputy Prime Minister Tomislav Donchev and other ministers from the cabinet,
The commissioner will also attend the official opening ceremony of Sofia Tech Park on Friday and she is also expected to hold talks with Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev.
Her visit comes in the context of the outgoing 2007-2013 programme period, which concludes at the end of this year.
According to estimates, Bulgaria will fail to absorb 15 % of the EU funds which have been available under the outgoing programme period.
On her visit to Bulgaria earlier in June this year, Cretu was impressed with the country's 75 % EU funds absorption rate.
- » The Juncker Plan Will Provide Financial Assistance of BGN 10 million For 320 Micro-Enterprises in Bulgaria
- » EP Supports Accession Talks with Albania and Northern Macedonia
- » New Report: EC Reports on Bulgaria's Progress, Considers Dropping Monitoring (REVIEW)
- » Today's EC Monitoring Report on Bulgaria is Likely to be the Latest
- » The Latest Monitoring Report on Bulgaria is Expected to be Submitted Today
- » Six Countries Sign Common Document on Mobility Package