Sofia Hosts International Short Film Festival on 8-13 December
The capital of Bulgaria will host for the first time IN THE PALACE International Short Film Festival, which will take place at the National Palace of Culture (NDK) between December 8 and 13.
The audience will have the opportunity to watch more than 100 movies, each of them with a length of up to 27 minutes.
The movies will be competing in four genres: fiction, documentary, animation, experimental films.
In addition to movies, the thirteenth edition of IN THE PALACE will also offer Filmer Forge educational programme, Q&A sessions, accompanying musical programme, film industry market and video library.
The main purpose of the festival is to present contemporary art from Bulgaria, Europe and the rest of the world, providing a platform for expression of both young film makers and established professionals in the field.
Starting as a student competition, it has grown to become one of the largest and most prestigious short film festivals in Bulgaria and the region.
From its inception in 2003, the festival has been held each summer in the Black Sea town of Balchik, but due to its expansion and popularity, from this year on, the festival will be hosted by Sofia in December.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Today marks 115 Years since Bulgaria’s Independence
- » Bulgarians honor the Saints Faith, Hope, Love and Sofia
- » Bulgaria celebrates 138 years since its Unification
- » Bulgaria: 140 Publishers will attend the Book Alley event in Sofia
- » More than 3,500 Folk Performers from Bulgaria and abroad participate in the festival in Nedelino
- » Indian Summer Exhibition: Art from my Travels