No Bulgarian Servicemen Injured in Rocket Attack on Kandahar Airport
No Bulgarian servicemen were injured in a rocket attack, which targeted the Kandahar international airport in Afghanistan on Monday evening, the press servie of the defence ministry informs.
Bulgarian troops have been deployed to Afghanistan for participation in international missions in the past thirteen years.
Bulgarian military personnel first participated in the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) mission and are currently involved in the Resolute Support mission, which succeeded ISAF at the beginning of this year.
The current Bulgarian contingent, which numbers 110 troops, was deployed to Afghanistan only several days ago, daily Dnevnik informs.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » US President to Join Video Conference with NATO Eastern Flank, Bucharest Nine
- » NATO Will Hold Military Drills on Alliances’ Southern Wing, Troops and Vehicles Will Pass through Bulgaria
- » More Details about Espionage Scandal: Group of Top Bulgarian Military Involved in Spying for Russia Detained
- » UK to Boost Nuclear Trident Warheads Arsenal by 40 Percent in Response to China, Russia Threat
- » Bulgaria to Host Several Multinational Military Drills, NATO Members Hone Interoperability
- » Bulgaria: Defense Committee Approves Creation of Cyber Warfare Command