Huge Explosion Rocks Istanbul Metro Station
A huge blast has occurred at Bayrampasa metro station of Istanbul, local media report.
Latest reports suggest there were no casualties, but several people were injured.
District Mayor Atilla Aydiner is quoted as saying the blast had been caused by a bomb. Earlier reports had suggested a power transformer had caused the incident.
Train services have been suspended there, with crowds gathering outside some stations.
Reportedly, the explosion was heard as far as the "Asian" side of Istanbul.
- » Northern Macedonia Expects to Receive a Start Date For Talks with the EU
- » Over 160 Migrants Arrived in Greece From Turkey Over the Weekend
- » 2019 Tourist Season in Greece is Extremely Successful
- » Fitch to Lift SEE Countries Credit Ratings upon ERM II, Euro Area Entry
- » Erdogan: Turkey Will Carry Out a Military Operation in Syria
- » Higher Prices For TOL System in Serbia