Pentagon Sending Military Hardware to Romania, Bulgaria This Month
The Pentagon has announced that about 70 pieces of U.S. military equipment will arrive in Romania from Germany on Tuesday to support Operation Atlantic Resolve.
Other equipment will arrive in Bulgaria and Lithuania later this month, a Pentagon spokesman annonunced on Monday, according to a news release posted on the U.S. Defense Department website.
U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter said earlier this year that the Pentagon will temporarily stage enough vehicles and associated equipment in NATO member states in Central and Eastern Europe to support an armored brigade combat team.
“Operation Atlantic Resolve is a demonstration of our continued commitment to the collective security of NATO and dedication to the enduring peace and stability in the region, in light of the Russian intervention in Ukraine specifically,” the U.S. European Command has said.
The items are part of the European Activity Set, which includes some 12,000 pieces of equipment, including tanks, infantry fighting vehicles and artillery. The staging of military equipment will allow U.S. rotational forces in Central and Eastern Europe to move more quickly and easily to participate in training and exercises, according to Pentagon spokesman Navy Capt. Jeff Davis.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » No Shots were fired at Migrants from the Bulgarian side of the Border - shows Joint investigation with Turkey
- » World Media claim that Refugees were Shot at Bulgaria’s Border – Interior Ministry Denies
- » Bulgarian Defense Minister: The Suggestions from the Dutch that you can Cross the Border for 50 Euros are Offensive
- » The List of Weapons that Bulgaria will provide to Ukraine is ready
- » Lockheed Martin: The first Bulgarian F-16 Fighter jet is already being Assembled
- » The Most Cyberattacks against Bulgaria come from Russia