Bulgarian Authorities Detain Syrian Refugees Hidden in Romanian Truck
Bulgarian authorities detained nine Syrian refugees hidden in a Romanian truck in the Pass of the Republic (also known as Hainboaz) in central Bulgaria on Saturday.
Four young men, four women and a one-year-old child were detained after drivers travelling through the pass had informed police that there were immigrants in the truck.
The truck, which was travelling to Romania, was stopped near the town of Kilifarevo.
It was established that the truck had passed through the Turkish border, but it was not clear where and how the refugees were boarded on the vehicle.
The Syrians were transported to the refugee center in the town of Elhovo, Darik radio informs.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend