Bulgaria’s Business Climate Worsens in November
Bulgaria’s overall business confidence index has declined by 0.5 percentage points in November compared with the previous month due to more pessimistic assessments and expectations in construction, retail and services sectors.
Industry is the only sector to report an increase in business confidence due to more optimistic expectations of entrepreneurs about the state of their companies in the next six months, the National Statistical Institute (NSI) said in a monthly survey of Bulgaria’s business climate on Friday.
Managers in industry pointed to uncertain economic environment and insufficient domestic demand as the main obstacles to their business.
The business confidence index in the construction sector has decreased by 1.6 points in November compared with October due to entrepreneurs’ more unfavourable estimates about the current state of their firms, according to NSI.
The business confidence index in the retail trade sector decreased by 1.0 point and was down by 1.4 points in the services sector.
Most of the managers in the four sectors expect the selling prices of their products to remain unchanged over the next three months.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Energy Minister: All Gas Sources are on the Table, including Gazprom
- » Minister of Tourism: Over 50,000 Russians have Visited Bulgaria by the End of June
- » Bulgaria: Book Bus Tickets In Advance for the Southern Black Sea Coast
- » The Import of Russian Coal into the EU Stops from Today
- » Does Bulgaria receive Russian Gas through Intermediaries?
- » There will be Availability of Natural Gas for Bulgaria until the End of the Year, but at a High Price