Bulgaria, China to Boost Cooperation in Education
Bulgaria and China have signed an educational exchange agreement to fully tap into the development potential of that specific sector of bilateral relations, the Foreign Ministry in Sofia said on Thursday.
The agreement has been signed by China’s Education Minister Yuan Guiren and Bulgaria’s Foreign Minister Daniel Mitov, who is member of a Bulgarian government delegation currently visiting China.
Bulgaria is ready to be an active participant in the development of transport corridors along the New Silk Road in the context of China’s ‘One Belt, One Road’ initiative, Mitov said at a meeting with his Chinese counterpart Wang Yi, according to a news release issued by the Foreign Ministry in Sofia.
Wang Yi commented that Bulgaria – ‘the EU’s door to Asia’ -- is an important country in strengthening cooperation between Asia and Europe.
The concept of ‘One Belt, One Road’ calls for the creation of an economic land belt stretching across countries on the original Silk Road through Central Asia, West Asia, the Middle East and Europe, as well as a maritime route linking China with Africa and pushing up through the Suez Canal into the Mediterranean. The initiative aims to redirect China’s domestic overcapacity and capital for regional infrastructure development to improve trade and relations with the countries of ASEAN, Central Asia and Europe.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Negotiations on Trade Deal Between EU and Australia are Already "Unthinkable" for France
- » Ministry of Foreign Affairs Confirmed: Three Bulgarians Died in Côte d’Ivoire
- » Diplomatic Gaffe: Biden Appeared to Forget Name of Australian Prime minister
- » Bulgaria will Revise Its Overall Policy on North Macedonia - Security Council
- » Bulgaria’s Foreign Minister Extends Greetings to North Macedonia on Occasion of 30th Independence Declaration Anniversary
- » Bulgaria will Finally give Vaccines against COVID-19 to North Macedonia