Man Who Joked about Bomb on Polish Plane Released on Bail
A Bulgarian court has released on a BGN 5000 bail a Polish citizen who falsely alerted the crew of an Egypt-bound plane of a bomb installed in the aircraft and prompted an emergency landing.
A lawyer for Wojciech Majewski, 67, has told magistrates at the district court of Burgas (there the plane landed on Thursday) his client had not made a warning to crew members about an explosive device planted on the Polish aircraft.
Earlier, media outlets reported him as saying he had just joked about a bomb on board.
Majewski demanded to be released on bail due to health problems. His lawyer maintains he is able to offer one of his country properties as accommodation where the Polish man could live until the trial is over.
Charges were earlier pressed on him over breaching Bulgaria's air safety. He is facing up to 15 years behind bars if found guilty.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Moldovans detained for Stealing nearly BGN 200,000 from Ukrainian Refugees in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Large-scale Police Operation in Karnobat
- » Bulgaria: Scheme for Issuing Fake Green Certificates was Discovered in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office Launches Investigation for the so-called “Golden Passports”
- » Bulgaria: Man was Detained for Issuing Fake Certificates in Bansko
- » Bulgaria: British Man Attacked and Kicked a Nurse at the Hospital in Veliko Tarnovo