Bulgaria Court to Decide on Arrest of Polish Man over Plane Bomb 'Joke'
The district court of Burgas is to decide whether to leave in custody a Polish citizen who falsely alerted the crew of an Egypt-bound plane of a bomb installed in the aircraft and prompted an emergency landing.
On Thursday the 67-year-old Polish citizen caused a plane operated by Smart Planet Airlines, flying en route to Hurghada, to land at the Sarafovo airport of the Southeastern Bulgarian city. He latter admitted to having "joked".
Bulgarian officials suggest he might be facing up to 15 years of imprisonment for breaching national security, under Bulgarian law.
Thursday's development also comes days after Russian authorities announced the Kogalymavia airplane that crashed in the Sinai peninsula en route to Sharm El Sheikh (also in Egypt), killing all 224 on board, had been downed by a homemade bomb.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Moldovans detained for Stealing nearly BGN 200,000 from Ukrainian Refugees in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Large-scale Police Operation in Karnobat
- » Bulgaria: Scheme for Issuing Fake Green Certificates was Discovered in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office Launches Investigation for the so-called “Golden Passports”
- » Bulgaria: Man was Detained for Issuing Fake Certificates in Bansko
- » Bulgaria: British Man Attacked and Kicked a Nurse at the Hospital in Veliko Tarnovo