Bulgarian MPs to Decide on Repair of MiG-29 Fighter Jets on Tuesday
Bulgarian MPs will decide on the repair of the country's MiG-29 fighter jets at an extraordinary plenary sitting on November 24.
At their sitting on Tuesday, the MPs are expected to vote on the ratification of the intergovernmental agreement between Bulgaria and Poland on the repair of six Bulgarian engines.
Bulgaria and Poland, represented by their respective defence ministers Nikolay Nenchev and Tomasz Siemoniak, signed an intergovernmental agreement on the repair of the fighter jets in October.
However in order for the agreement to enter force, it has to be ratified by the parliaments of the two countries.
The agenda for Tuesday also foresees the adoption of a programme on the development of the defence capabilities of Bulgaria 2020 and another programme, which will determine the strength of the armed forces.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » NATO Greenlights Idea of Building EU Rapid Reaction Force
- » Terrorist Attack in a Supermarket in New Zealand
- » 34 Afghans Evacuated to Bulgaria
- » Caretaker Prime Minister: There is No Need for Troops on the Border
- » Defense Minister: Caretaker Government is Not Negotiating for New F-16 Aircraft
- » Bulgaria's Caretaker Interior Minister: Migration Pressure on Bulgaria is Increasing