EU Sofia Heating Utility Boss Gets Final 3-Year Sentence
Bulgaria's Supreme Court of Cassation (VKS) has sentenced the former director of heating utility Toplofikatsiya Sofia Valentin Dimitrov to three years' imprisonment.
Rulings by the VKS cannot be appealed. The court confirmed previous rulings that found him guilty of property mismanagement.
Part of Toplofikatsiya's budget was spent on expensive alcohol and items such as a jacuzzi while the company was ridden in hundreds of millions in debts.
Dimitrov was executive director of Toplofikatsiya Sofia between 2002 and 2006, before being dismissed after an audit had been ordered by then Sofia Mayor Boyko Borisov.
He is also facing charges on three counts, including on embezzlement, currency crimes, and money laundering.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven
- » Spouses Found Dead in Blagoevgrad, Son is a Suspect of the Murder
- » At Least 116 people have Died in a Prison Riot in Ecuador
- » Demonstrative Murder in Sofia: A Man was Shot Dead at Gerena Stadium
- » Record Homicide Growth in the United States Last Year