EU Sofia Heating Utility Boss Gets Final 3-Year Sentence
Bulgaria's Supreme Court of Cassation (VKS) has sentenced the former director of heating utility Toplofikatsiya Sofia Valentin Dimitrov to three years' imprisonment.
Rulings by the VKS cannot be appealed. The court confirmed previous rulings that found him guilty of property mismanagement.
Part of Toplofikatsiya's budget was spent on expensive alcohol and items such as a jacuzzi while the company was ridden in hundreds of millions in debts.
Dimitrov was executive director of Toplofikatsiya Sofia between 2002 and 2006, before being dismissed after an audit had been ordered by then Sofia Mayor Boyko Borisov.
He is also facing charges on three counts, including on embezzlement, currency crimes, and money laundering.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Moldovans detained for Stealing nearly BGN 200,000 from Ukrainian Refugees in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Large-scale Police Operation in Karnobat
- » Bulgaria: Scheme for Issuing Fake Green Certificates was Discovered in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office Launches Investigation for the so-called “Golden Passports”
- » Bulgaria: Man was Detained for Issuing Fake Certificates in Bansko
- » Bulgaria: British Man Attacked and Kicked a Nurse at the Hospital in Veliko Tarnovo