All Flights Between Sofia, Frankfurt Cancelled as Lufthansa Strike Continues
All flights between the Bulgarian capital and Frankfurt operated by Lufthansa are cancelled on Saturday as the strike of the flights attendants of the German airline continues.
The latest strike, which began on Friday, cancelled 290 flights and affected 37 000 passengers, including people travelling between Sofia and Frankfurt.
According to the website of Sofia Airport, the flights between the Bulgarian capital and Munich are not affected by the strike.
The Independent Flight Attendant's Organisation (UFO) has announced strike for all Lufthansa flights from/to Frankfurt and Dusseldorf on Saturday between 6.00 and 23.00 for all flights from/to Dusseldorf and all flights operated with A319, A320, A321 and B737 from/to Frankfurt.
Flight cancellations from/to Frankfurt and Dusseldorf are to be expected for both domestic and internationa flights.
Flights operated by Lufthansa CityLine, Germanwings, Eurowings, Air Dolomiti, Austrian Airlines, SWISS and Brussels Airlines are not affected by potential strikes.
The latest strike comes after Lufthansa and the union failed to reach an agreement on the long-running dispute over early retirement conditions and pensions.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Joint Statement of the 15th India-EU Summit (15 July 2020)
- » COVID-19 in Hungary: Bulgaria Listed as "Yellow" Country, 14-Day Quarantine or 2 Negative PCR Tests to Enter Hungary
- » COVID-19 in Greece: Mandatory Masks in Closed Public Places Temporary Abolished
- » Referendum In Russia: Putin is Allowed To Remain President Until 2036
- » 50,000 New Cases of COVID-19 in US, Trump: I Fully Support the Masks. I Think They Work
- » New Zealand's Health Minister Resignes After Breaches of Lockdown Rules