Death Toll in Romanian Nightclub Fire Rises to 30
Romanian prosecutors questioned on Monday the three owners of the Colectiv nightclub in Bucharest over a fire that has killed 30 people and left injured at least 180 others, AP reported.
The owners are suspected of manslaughter and involuntary bodily harm. The fire engulfed the basement club on Friday night after a spark from stage pyrotechnics ignited foam decor during the performance of a heavy-metal band. A stampede followed when people tried to escape through the single exit door.
Most of the victims have died from inhaling smoke. About 90 people remained hospitalized in critical or serious condition as of Monday afternoon, some of them with severe burns.
The incident has raised serious questions about fire regulations and safety procedures in Romania.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Man Killed 11 People after a Family Dispute in Montenegro
- » Survey: Young Serbs Hate Bulgarians, Croats and Albanians the Most
- » Tensions last night between Serbs and Kosovars
- » The Majority of Serbs are against NATO and the EU
- » Former Macedonian PM accused Sofia of a Plan for a Second Bulgarian State in the Balkans
- » The Macedonian Parliament accepted the French Proposal after fierce Debates