Violations Reported in Bulgaria's Local Elections Runoff
Dozens of violation claims have been submitted to authorities by 10 EET on Sunday morning as a second round of local elections is being held, the Interior Ministry has said. `
Separately, the main ruling GERB party has reported seven breaches of election law, three of them in Sofia.
In Sofia, GERB says, campaigning leaflets are being handed out or posters hung up in some Sofia neighborhoods where a district mayor is being elected (Yordanka Fandakova won the Sofia Mayor race in the first round, but in some districts no candidates mustered more than 50%).
Earlier information suggesting a voter had marked his preference on a ballot outside the voting booth has not yet been confirmed.
Meanwhile the Central Election Commission (CIK) has said risks of flawed organization are low after authorities worked hard to prevent the scenario of earlier this week when hundreds of ballot processing volunteers spent two days stuck in Arena Armeec, the sports hall where voter protocols were to be handed and managed.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend