Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov to Seek First Victory Against Nadal in Basel
Bulgaria's top ranking male tennis player, Grigor Dimitrov, will be seeking to record his first victory against Rafael Nadal at the Swiss Indoors tournament, which is taking place in Basel.
In the first round played on Tuesday, Dimitrov defeated the Ukrainian Sergiy Stakhovsky with 6:3, 6:4, proceeding to the second round, which will take place on Wednesday.
The Bulgarian demonstrated stable serve, made only seven unforced errors and held the initiative throughout the whole match.
He recorded two breaks out of seven possibilities and did not concede any, which allowed him to win the match in one hour and eight minutes.
Dimitrov started the first set with an early break, established a comfortable 3:0 lead and did not experience problems in closing the opening set.
The second set was more contested and the score was equal until 4:4 when Dimitrov made a decisive break and proceeded to win the match.
In the first round in Basel, Nadal defeated Lukas Rosol from the Czech Republic with 1:6, 7:5, 7:6 (4).
Dimitrov and Nadal have played against each other six times, the Spanish having won all encounters, daily Dnevnik informs.
The two opponents last faced each other at the quarterfinals of the Madrid Open in May, when Nadal prevailed with 6:3, 6:4.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Mobile Betting Apps: Sports News and Tips
- » Four Bronze Medals for Bulgarian students from the Informatics Olympiad
- » Nurgyul Salimova with a Record Rating in the FIDE Rankings
- » Nurgyul Salimova: I am Proud of what I have Achieved, I Felt the Support of many Bulgarians and People from all over the World
- » After 30 years: Bulgaria Won again the Team World Title in Rhythmic Gymnastics
- » Women's Spanish teams Refuse to Play until the President of the Football Federation is replaced