Exit Polls Suggest Bulgaria's Varna, Kardzhali, Blagoevgrad Reelect Incumbent Mayors
The exit polls of Alpha Research polling agency suggest that the cities of Varna, Kardzhali and Blagoevgrad have reelected their incumbent mayors at the local elections held in Bulgaria on Sunday.
According to the exit polls as of 18 o'clock EET, Ivan Portnih, the incumbent mayor of Varna and candidate of the largest ruling party GERB, won the elections with 57.9 % of the votes.
Hazan Azis, the incumbent mayor of Kardzhali and candidate of the second largest opposition Movements for Rights and Freedoms (DPS), was reelected to a fourth consectuvite term with 53.8 % of the votes.
Atanas Kambitov, the incumbent mayor of Blagoevgrad and GERB candidate, was also reelected with 52.61 % of the votes.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » PM Borissov LIVE: Compromise Will Be Made Only to Education
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Warm and Quiet
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sun Breaks Through Clouds, Gets Warmer
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Code Yellow Warning for Freezing Cold
- » Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Responds to President’s Criticism: Let Him Tell Me What Money to Stop Spending
- » Sofia Crisis Center Gives Shelter to Homeless in Freezing Cold Weather