Lot 2 of Bulgaria's Struma Motorway to be Launched on Thursday
Lot 2 of Bulgaria's Struma motorway running between the towns of Dupnitsa and Blagoevgrad is expected to be launched on Thursday.
The new section of the motorway has a length of 37.5 kilometres and the cost exceeded BGN 358 M, daily Dnevnik informs.
At present, 69 kilometres of the motorway have been completed with works on the section between Sandanski and Kulata still ongoing.
The final design of the section between Blagoevgrad and Sandanski should be completed by the end of the year.
This is the most complicated section of the motorway as it passes through the Kresna gorge, where combination of tunnels and viaducts are expected to be constructed.
The first section of the western arc of Sofia Ring Road will also be launched on Thursday.
The section running between Lyulin interchange and the bridge above Kakach river has a length of three kilometres.
At the same time a groundbreaking ceremony will mark the start of construction works on the second section of the western arc.
The second section between the bridge above Kakach river and the northern speed tangent has a length of slightly more than five kilometers.
Both lot 2 of Struma motorway and the western arc of Sofia Ring Road are part of the European route E-79, which runs between Vidin and Kulata in Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Minister of Economy: Bulgaria will get away with the Recession, there will be a sharp Drop in Inflation
- » Rakia & Spirits Fest Sofia 2022
- » "Bulgargaz" offers Higher than announced Price of Natural Gas for December
- » The Bulgarian National Bank has doubled the Main Interest Rate
- » Bulgaria returns to Growth of Brain Business Jobs in 2021
- » InterContinental Sofia - The Only Hotel in Bulgaria to receive a Green Key Certificate 2022