Bulgaria to Introduce Facilitated Visa Procedure for Turkish Tourists
Bulgaria's Tourism Minister Nikolina Angelkova promised to facilitate the procedure on the issuing of visas to Turkish citizens.
Angelkova hopes that the facilitated visa procedure for Turkish tourists will compensate the decrease in the number of Russian visitors to the country.
The minister announced this at a meeting with representatives of the tourist industry in the ski resort of Bansko on Monday, daily Dnevnik informs.
Last year, local businesses were nicely surprised by the number of Turkish tourists and a large part of the bookings for this year's ski season is expected to come from Turkey.
This is why hoteliers are demanding from the state to facilitate the access of Turkish citizens to Bulgaria.
Angelkova assured that the same visa facilitation procedures, which had been in place for Turkish citizens last year, have been launched.
In addition, the foreign ministry has started a pilot project allowing for online submission of documents, which will further ease Turkish citizens.
The tourism minister revealed that a plan is being developed for restoring the number of Russian tourists.
Russia will be among the countries targeted in the ministry's 2016 promotional campaign, which foresees the launching of more than 100 journalist tours.
By inviting foreign journalists to visit the country, the ministry hopes to secure Bulgaria a continuous media presence and more advertisements abroad.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Regime for Entry into Bulgaria of Citizens of some Countries is Changing
- » Bulgarian hoteliers: The winter season will end if the entry of foreign citizens is banned
- » Sofia Airport has served 3.3 million passengers in 2021
- » Direct flights from Bulgaria to the Seychelles will start in January 2022
- » Bulgarian Tourism is Recovering by up to 45%
- » Over 40% Growth in Bulgarians Traveling Abroad in November