Bulgarian Citizen Indicted over People Smuggling
A Bulgarian citizen detained with a group of 15 migrants on Thursday has been indicted with charges of people smuggling, the Bulgarian Interior Ministry has said.
The development does not have any explicit relation to the smuggling of the 54 migrants one of whom died after border police shooting on Thursday evening.
Thursday's arrests came after police in southeastern Bulgaria chased after three vehicles near the village of Debelt, Sredets municipality, which later turned out to be packed with migrants.
The site was within the same municipality where the incident with the supposedly Afghan migrant occurred late on Thursday evening.
- » Bulgaria Uncovers Skimming Equipment, Fake Documents Workshop
- » Ministry of Interior Busted a Drug Lab near Varna
- » 18-year-old Girl Beaten by her Boyfriend in Sofia
- » Suicide Bomber Kills more than 100 at Pakistan Election Rally
- » Thieves in Chicago Stole a Sculpture of a Bulgarian Artist
- » Brutal murder in Sofia, Son Beat his Mother and Killed his Father