Bulgaria Beats Azerbaijan 2:0 in EURO 2016 Qualifier
Bulgaria's football team has defeated Azerbaijan in a UEFA EURO 2016 Qualifiers match which grants it the fourth place in its group.
Bulgaria is not going to the 2016 tournament in France next year, but considered it essential to defend its "honor" as the country's football team is not going through the best of times.
Before an audience of only a few hundred who watched the game at the Vasil Levski National Stadium in Sofia, the Bulgarians dominated for most of the time, showing more skills than in the previous few matches.
On Saturday, the national team lost to Croatia 0:3, dashing even the tiniest hope to qualify.
Italy and Croatia are the two teams in Bulgaria's group that have qualified directly for EURO 2016, while third-placed Norway made it to the play-offs.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » All of the EU except Bulgaria and Hungary Demand the Expulsion of Russia from World Sports
- » The Biggest Horse Racing Countries in Europe
- » Bulgarian Boxer Kubrat Pulev convincingly Defeated Jerry Forest
- » Dimitrov Double Dips Stateside
- » For the First Time: Bulgarian Baseball Player with a Professional Contract in the USA
- » Here is How to Download the Betway Mobile apps for Android and iOS for Bulgaria