Bulgarian Police Arrests 107 Illegal Immigrants in Sofia
The police arrested 107 illegal immigrants in the Bulgarian capital Sofia, the press service of the interior ministry informs.
The first group consisting of 49 foreign citizens, including a woman and three children, were detained in the Moderno predgradie (Modern suburb) neighbourhood.
The illegal immigrants claimed to be citizens of Iraq and Afghanistan.
Shortly after the first arrest, a second group of 58 men, claiming to be citizens of Afghanistan, were detained under the bridge near the Nadezhda overcrossing.
None of the detained foreigners carried identity documents.
All of them were taken to the district police departments for establishing their identity and taking further actions.
The police assured that its systematic operations on countering illegal immigration continue.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend
- » Bulgaria: Head of State Agency for Wiretapping Replaced by President Radev