Bulgaria Confirms Readiness to Work Toward Achieving Council of Europe’s Goals
The Bulgarian presidency of the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe starting next month has been in the focus of Monday’s meeting between the Secretary General of the Council Thorbjorn Jagland and Bulgaria’s newly appointed permanent representative Katya Todorova.
More specifically, they discussed Jagland’s forthcoming visit to Sofia and the 126th session of the Committee of Ministers, to be held in May next year, the Bulgarian Foreign Ministry said in a statement.
Bulgaria will hold the presidency of Strasbourg-based Council of Europe from November 2015 to May 2016.
Todorova, who presented her credentials to Jagland on Monday, confirmed Bulgaria’s readiness to contribute to the implementation of the activities of the Council of Europe aimed at promoting human rights, democracy and the rule of law.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » US announces New Foreign Military Financing to support Bulgarian Modernization and Regional Defense
- » North Macedonia's President: I will Not Negotiate History with Bulgaria
- » MFA Warned: Bulgarians with Dual Citizenship in Russia are Subject to Mobilization
- » Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Bulgarian Citizens should Hastily Leave Russia
- » Bulgaria’s MFA: The so-called Referendums in Ukraine will Not be Recognized
- » The Bulgarian Embassy in Kyiv is Working Again