Migrants 'Part of Bargaining, Hybrid War'- EU's Tusk
EU Council President Donald Tusk has accused foreign leaders of using the migrant crisis to stir divisions within the EU.
At a conference in the resort town of Sopot in Poland, Tusk has warned migrants are turning into an element of the political confrontation, bargaining and "hybrid war" whose roots can be traced back to the developments in Crimea and Eastern Ukraine.
AFP quotes him as saying: "For the first time in my political career I have heard politicians openly declaring that the refugees heading to Europe are their method of getting [us] to act a certain way."
Tusk did not go into details, but warned the "military solutions in Syria proposed by some countries" carries out additional risks of deepening the migrant crisis.
He also added he was not only "talking about Russia."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » European Commission Signs Contract with Gilead to Secure EU Access to Remdesivir
- » Belgium, Greece, Germany and Austria Tighten Measures Against the Coronavirus
- » Michel Barnier Accused Boris Johnson of Not Keeping His Promises
- » Brussels warns: Coronavirus Pandemic Threatens the Future of the Eurozone
- » Heads of EU and Western Balkans Countries will Meet Virtually
- » The EC Raised 7,4 Billion Euros to Develop a COVID-19 Vaccine