Migrants 'Part of Bargaining, Hybrid War'- EU's Tusk
EU Council President Donald Tusk has accused foreign leaders of using the migrant crisis to stir divisions within the EU.
At a conference in the resort town of Sopot in Poland, Tusk has warned migrants are turning into an element of the political confrontation, bargaining and "hybrid war" whose roots can be traced back to the developments in Crimea and Eastern Ukraine.
AFP quotes him as saying: "For the first time in my political career I have heard politicians openly declaring that the refugees heading to Europe are their method of getting [us] to act a certain way."
Tusk did not go into details, but warned the "military solutions in Syria proposed by some countries" carries out additional risks of deepening the migrant crisis.
He also added he was not only "talking about Russia."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 2024: The EU will Run out of Money for Ukraine
- » The European Commission approved 77 Million Euros in State Aid for Areas with High Unemployment in Bulgaria
- » The VP of the European Parliament: Bulgaria has done its Homework for Schengen
- » EU Commission announced 4 Criminal Procedures against Bulgaria
- » Eurozone Annual Inflation slows sharply in May to 6.1%
- » The Council of the EU approved the Istanbul Convention