Tanya Raykovska Elected Constitutional Court Judge
Tanya Raykovska, Deputy Chair of Bulgaria’s Supreme Court of Cassation (VKS), has been elected Judge at the Constitutional Court (KS).
Raykovska won a run-off with Boyan Magdalinchev, Deputy Chair of the Supreme Administrative Court (VAS).
Raykovska was backed by 112 votes of the General Assembly of the Supreme Administrative Court and the Supreme Court of Cassation, while Magdalinchev won 52 votes.
In the run-off stage there were 12 invalid votes.
In the first stage of the vote there were four candidates, the two others being judges Borislav Belazekov and Simeon Chenachev, who won 39 and 25 votes, respectively.
Raykovska will replace outgoing Constitutional Court Judge Blagovest Punev, according to reports of mediapool.bg.
Raykovska is one of the four replacements that need to be appointed in the place of KS members whose terms in office expire in the fall, including one nominee by the President, two by Parliament, and one by the judiciary.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend