Russia Says Its Warplanes Launch Strikes on Islamic State Targets in Syria
Russian warplanes have launched presision strikes on positions of the Islamic State group in Syria, the Defence Ministry in Moscow said on Wednesday.
Targets included military equipment, communication centers, motor vehicles as well as munition and fuel depots of the jihadist group outlawed in Russia as terrorist organization, TASS quoted the Defence Ministry official representative Major- General Igor Konashenkov as telling reporters.
Admiral Vladimir Komoyedov, Chairman of the Defense Committee at State Duma, the lower house of Russia’s Parliament, told TASS on Wednesday that Russia will give preference to ground attack aircraft, in particular Su-25, as well as reconnaissance aircraft.
Fighter-bombers and helicopters can also be used, according to Komoyedov.
He also said that Russian ground troops in Syria will be only needed to protect airbases used by Russian warplanes to carry out strikes on Islamic State targets.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 8 Arrested in Belgium for Preparing a Terrorist Act
- » European Parliament: There will be an Electric Car Station every 60 kilometers in the EU
- » 20 Dead in Bus Crash with Pilgrims in Saudi Arabia
- » North Korea to increase production of 'Nuclear Weapons Material’
- » The Countries for Collective Purchase of Ammunition are Now 24 - Bulgaria is Not Among Them
- » Air Blockade in Israel until Netanyahu reverses Judicial Reform