Bulgaria's Ivelin Popov Voted Best Player in Russian Premier League for September
Bulgarian football player Ivelin Popov, who plays for Spartak Moscow, was voted both best player for the tenth round of the Russian Premier League and for the month of September.
Popov made an excellent performance in the derby against the reigning champion Zenit, scoring a beautiful goal for his team to come in the lead with 2:1.
This was the first goal scored by the Bulgarian for Spartak Moscow since his transfer from Kuban in the summer.
However it was not enough for his team to claim the final victory as Zenit managed to achieve a 2:2 draw shortly before the end of the match.
Popov garnered the maximum number of points – 15 in the poll on the website championat.com, which is determined by the votes of a special jury and the readers.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Biggest Horse Racing Countries in Europe
- » Bulgarian Boxer Kubrat Pulev convincingly Defeated Jerry Forest
- » Dimitrov Double Dips Stateside
- » For the First Time: Bulgarian Baseball Player with a Professional Contract in the USA
- » Here is How to Download the Betway Mobile apps for Android and iOS for Bulgaria
- » Four Betway bonuses that made this brand among the best in Bulgaria