Bulgaria to Extradite Suspect in Migrant Truck Deaths to Austria
A Bulgarian court has decided to extradite a Bulgarian national to Austria to face charges of people trafficking and causing the death of 71 illegal migrants.
The dead bodies of 71 migrants were found in the back of a refrigerator truck abandoned on a motorway in Austria near the border with Hungary in late August. According to the Austrian prosecutors Tsvetanov, 32, is part of a suspected people smuggling ring trafficking people to western Europe.
DNA samples taken from the cabin of the truck have linked four Bulgarians and an Afghan national to the case. The five men were arrested in Hungary.
Tsvetanov, 32, told the district court in Montana, in northwestern Bulgaria, that he was innocent. He faces life imprisonment, if convicted in Austria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Authorities Detained a Police Officer while On Duty with more than 1.6 Promille of Alcohol
- » Specialized Police Operation in the Bulgarian Village of Sindel after the Rape of a 73-year-old Woman
- » A 73-year-old Woman was Raped in a Bulgarian Village
- » 30 Days in Detention for the Attacker of Bulgarian Hristiyan Pendikov in North Macedonia
- » Prosecutor General: The US Settlement with Nexo has Nothing to do with the Bulgarian Investigation
- » The Nexo Affair Ended in the US, but Not in Bulgaria