Bulgaria’s Lesovo Border Crossing Point Reopens after Special Police Operation
Bulgaria’s Lesovo border crossing point has reopened after a closure over a police operation against an alleged human smuggling channel.
On Saturday afternoon, a joint operation of the State Agency for National Security (DANS) and the prosecuting authority was launched at the Lesovo border crossing point on a tip-off for a people-trafficking network.
Nobody was arrested in the police operation, which was wrapped up around midnight, according to reports of the Yambol District Prosecutor’s Office, as cited by the Bulgarian National Radio.
Pre-trial proceedings were opened against Border Police officers over bribery, but the evidence collected so far is insufficient to arrest them.
There is a 5-km queue of TIR trucks on the Bulgarian side of the Lesovo border crossing point. There are no buses or cars waiting to cross into Turkey.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 12 Migrants crammed into a Car were Detained in the Harmanlii village of Bulgarin
- » Bulgaria: A Man Killed his Wife and Daughter, then took His Own Life
- » Action in Bulgaria: Police Chase and Shooting near a Business Building in Sofia - A Boy was Killed
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: There is Still No Suspect for the Murder of Alexei Petrov
- » Bulgaria: A Man Beat a Woman he lives with in Svishtov and Cut her Hair
- » Bulgarian Police caught a Large Group of Migrants near Kazichene