Bulgaria Calls on Croatia to Reopen Checkpoint at Border with Serbia
Bulgaria pleaded with Croatia on Friday to immediately open the Bajakovo crossing at the border with Serbia to Bulgarian-registered motor vehicles or redirect them to other operating checkpoints.
During a meeting with Croatia’s Ambassador Ljerka Alajbeg, the Bulgarian side expressed its serious concern over the closure of border crossings between Croatia and Serbia, the Foreign Ministry in Sofia said in a statement.
The closure of the Bajakovo checkpoint on the main route linking Belgrade and Zagreb does harm to Bulgaria’s economy as Bulgarian passenger and cargo vehicles have remained stranded for days on the two sides of the Croatian-Serbian border, forming long queues, according to the statement.
Around 170 Bulgarian truck drivers are stuck between the Serbian and Croatian borders amid a row between the two countries over the ways to cope with the refugee influx, Sofia-based Nova TV reported on earlier on Friday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Train carrying NATO Military equipment derailed in Greece
- » American Combat Drones are being deployed in Greece
- » Borrell: There is an Agreement between Kosovo and Serbia
- » Kosovo postponed fines for "Serbian" License Plates at the Request of the US
- » NATO has urged Serbia and Kosovo not to escalate Tensions
- » Leader of VMRO-DPMNE demanded that Bulgaria recognize a "Macedonian Minority"