Death Toll from Mecca Stampede Reaches 717
A stampede during the annual Hajj pilgrimage to the Islamic holy city of Mecca has killed at least 717 people, SkyNews reported on Thursday afternoon, citing reports of Saudi authorities.
The number of injured people has exceeded 800.
The crush occurred earlier in the day in the neighbourhood of Mina, on the outskirts of Mecca, where about two million people are taking part in the annual pilgrimage.
Some 4,000 civil defence workers and 220 ambulances are involved in the rescue operation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Finland to Issue Fewer Visas to Russians, Estonia Suspends them on Thursday
- » Putin Condemned "the West's Collective Efforts to Destroy the European Security System"
- » Assange's Lawyers are Suing the CIA
- » Day 174 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Shoigu and Guterres discussed the Security Situation at the Zaporizhzhia NPP
- » Amid another US Delegation visit, China conducts Fresh Military Drills around Taiwan
- » UN: By November 15, the World Population will reach 8 Billion People