Bulgarian PM Borisov Congratulates Alexis Tsipras on Reelection
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov congratulated on Monday the leader of SYRIZA and former Greek prime minister, Alexis Tsipras, for his party's victory at the early parliamentary elections held on Sunday.
Borisov noted that Bulgaria and Greece are partners with friendly relations and that the cooperation between the two countries has strategic dimensions.
The Bulgarian prime minister expressed confidence that the excellent political relations between the two countries will continue to expand in the future.
In particular, he pointed to deepening cooperation and stimulating the economic, energy, infrastructure and cultural-educational ties between Bulgaria and Greece.
Borisov revealed that in their last telephone conversation with Tsipras, the two reaffirmed the importance of the accelerated construction of the gas connection between the two countries.
This remained an important element of bilateral relations and priority of the future European energy union.
Borisov expressed hope that a stable government will be formed soon, which will implement successful economic and financial reforms, bringing Greece to stability and prosperity.
Last, but not least, the Bulgarian prime minister sincerely wished Tsipras success in his future actions.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Foreign Ministry will Demand the Access of Bulgarian Citizens to North Macedonia to be Ensured
- » A Visit of a Bulgarian Theater Production was Canceled in North Macedonia
- » Provocation after Provocation: Macedonians will Block Roads for Bulgarians Heading to Gotse Delchev's Grave
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister: Bulgarian Clubs should Change their Names
- » Bulgaria’s MFA summons the Macedonian Ambassador because of the Beating of a Bulgarian in Ohrid
- » In 2022, Bulgaria declared 84 Russian Officials as Persona Non Grata